Thursday, February 20, 2014

5 Minutes Chocolate Mug Cake


I told you before that I adore chocolate and I'll be more that grateful to cook/bake and eat anything with chocolate in it .  I like the morning bustle, the smell of hot coffee and cocoa, scrambled eggs, and toast. But when I'm in hurry, I don't even have much time to cook breakfast for my family, until I found this recipe.

I got this 5 MINUTES CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE recipe from Mark Atherton, a member of another culinary group based in UK where I'm also a member.  This is the most dangerous cake recipe in the world, because now we are only 5 minutes away from making chocolate cake at any time of the day or night, even your 5 years old daughter can make it J.  The original recipe uses a large coffee mug and is cooked for 3 minutes.  Since a large coffee mug is too 'large' for me, so I divide the batter into 2 tea cups and reduce the cooking time to 1.5 minutes (have tried for 2 minutes, but it was overcooked and too dry).

For recipe in Indonesian click HERE
Ingredients:
4 tbsp flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp vegetable oil
A small splash of vanilla extract
3 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
1 large coffee mug (or you can use 2 tea cups like I did)

Directions:
1.       Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.
2.       Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
3.       Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
4.       Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract and mix again.

5.       Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at high temperature (1.5 minutes if you use tea cup).  The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed!  Allow to cool a little and tip out onto a plate if desired.


Bahasa Indonesia
Bahan:
4 sdm tepung terigu serbaguna
4 sdm gula pasir
2 sdm coklat bubuk
1 butir telur
3 sdm susu cair
3 sdm minyak sayur (mentega/margarine cair)
Sedikit ekstrak vanilla
3 sdm chocolate chps (sesuai selera)
1 mug kopi yang besar (boleh menggunakan 2 cangkir the seperti saya)

Cara:
1.       Masukkan bahan kering (tepung, gula, coklat bubuk) ke dalam mug, aduk rata.
2.       Tambahkan telur, aduk hingga bercampur.
3.       Tuang susu da n minyak sayur, aduk rata.
4.       Tambahkan choco chips (bila menggunakan) dan ekstrak vanilla, aduk rata.
5.       Masukkan mug ke dalam microwave, masak selama 3 menit pada temperature ‘high’ (1,5 menit jika menggunakan cangir teh).  Cake akan mengembang.  Biarkan sedikit dingin, pindahkan ke piring kecil atau langsung dimakan dari mug.



No comments:

Post a Comment