Sunday, August 31, 2014

Copycat Starbucks Java Chip Frappuccino


I love Starbucks Frapps, no, I’m addicted to them.


Starbucks is a fabulous thing for coffee lovers and every now and then I’ll treat myself a cup of Frappuccino.  Since I’m addicted to Frappuccinos, so I’ve been searching for ways to make similar drinks at home to feel like I’m at my own personal coffee house.  


So far I’ve done a Java Chip Frap, Caramel Frap, Double Chocolate Chip Frap, Green Tea Frap, Vanilla Bean Frap, and Cotton Candy Frap that are pretty good in taste when compared to the real thing.  It saved me a trip to Starbucks and about $5 since I have all the ingredients at hand.


I use a copycat recipe, so it’s not the actual propriety recipe that is property of Starbucks. It’s only approximations (for the real thing, visit your local Starbucks).  It’s quite easy to make and is actually really close to Starbucks coffee.  To make it creamy, you could add some milk or cream (unless you just want a pure coffee drink).  In our house, we add milk or even a touch of vanilla ice cream, depending on what we have.  My daughter loved it (as suspected).  We enjoyed these out on the terrace as we watched the sun set.



Copycat Starbucks Java Chip Frappuccino
For recipe in Indonesian click HERE

Ingredients:


·         1 ½ cups of ice cube
·         ¼ cup of Starbucks coffee or double-strength freshly brewed dark roast coffee, cooled
·         ½ cup milk
·         3 tbsp chocolate chips
·         3 tbsp Hershey’s chocolate syrup
·         Whipped cream (optional)
·         Chocolate syrup for drizzle (optional)

Directions:


1.       Fill blender with ice cube and add all ingredients except whipped cream.
2.       Blend until thick and still icy.


3.       Pour into tall glass, top with whipped cream and drizzle chocolate syrup over the whipped cream.


Bahan
Bahan:
·         1 ½ cups es batu
·         ¼ cup kopi Starbucks atau espresso dingin
·         ½ cup susu
·         3 sdm chocolate chips
·         3 sdm sirup coklat Hershey’s
·         Whipped cream (optional)
·         Sirup coklat untuk hiasan (optional)


Cara:
1.       Masukkan semua bahan ke dalam blender, kecuali whipped cream.
2.       Blender hingga es batu hancur dan menjadi minuman dengan es yang cukup halus.

3.       Tuang ke dalam gelas tinggi, hias dengan whipped cream dan sirup coklat.








No comments:

Post a Comment